The Utility Expo is back and bigger than ever. With more than 900 exhibitors covering 32+ acres of exhibit space, there’s a lot to see and do!
We asked veteran attendees and our staff to share their best advice for first-timers coming to the show. Here are 20 things you need to know before you travel to Louisville, plus tips for maximizing your time once you arrive.
- Plan ahead. Spend some time reviewing the map of the show floor and all of the manufacturers and suppliers who will be exhibiting. (View Exhibitor Directory)
- Download the app for your phone. Use it to create a personalized schedule and stay on track each day. (Search “The Utility Expo” in your app store. Available on Apple and Android.)
- Check to see if your hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the show, saving you money on parking. (View Hotel & Travel Information)
- Take advantage of flight discounts. Flight discounts are available for everyone on domestic and international flights to Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport (SDF). (View participating airlines)
- Pick up your badge early. Take advantage of remote badge pickup at the airport and multiple outdoor locations at the show. (Airport badge pickup is located near baggage claim E next to the Alamo rental car counter from Sunday, September 26 – Tuesday, September 28 from 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.)
- Pack for all weather conditions. Mornings can be cool and afternoons can be hot or rainy, but with the right clothes you’ll be ready for anything.
- Bring a couple pairs of comfortable shoes. This is a demo show, so be prepared to get a little dust on your boots and put a few miles on!
- Operate the equipment. Arguably the best part of The Utility Expo is being able to compare equipment head-to-head. Go ahead, get in and get hands-on.
- Be curious. Exhibitors love to share knowledge, answer all of your burning questions and listen to feedback.
- Don’t get hung up on just visiting your favorite brands. There are a lot of new technologies and companies to see and evaluate.
- Put in the time. The show only comes once every two years, so make every effort to be at the show all three days.
- Take home some knowledge. Field classrooms are a great way to learn about the latest equipment, technology and tools from industry experts. (View Education Options)
- Exchange ideas with peers. The Jobsite presented by Planet Underground will consist of an 80,000 square foot outdoor space dedicated to creating an actual construction site. This peer-to-peer environment is the ideal discuss business challenges, learn equipment and technology best practices and solve damage prevention issues.
- Snag some souvenirs. Hats, t-shirts and other swag will be available at the official show merchandise store and at exhibitor booths.
- Take breaks off your feet. Use the show shuttles and golf carts to get from lot to lot with ease.
- Have fun and make new connections! There are plenty of opportunities to network at the show and afterhours. (View Events)
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Don’t forget to drink lots of water, limit the alcohol and don’t hit it too hard at night.
- Show off your badge. Get discounts and special offers throughout the city just by showing your event badge. (View Show Us Your Badge Program Participants)
- Be respectful of health and safety guidelines. The show will follow the guidelines of the CDC, the State of Kentucky and KEC to ensure a safe experience for all show participants.
- Stay in the know. Sign up for The Utility Expo’s monthly e-newsletter to get the latest industry trends delivered straight to your inbox.